Friday, August 13, 2010

Superstitions and a tasty BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe

It's finally Friday! For some reason, I feel like I have just been running all week.  I think that's due to the fact that I seem to have dreamt more than usual for several nights in a row.  But forward and onward......


Watch out for this guy today!

It's Friday the 13th!  How many of you have superstitions concerning this auspicious day?  I really don't have on for today, but the only superstition I have is the "3 deaths in a row" when it concerns actors/actresses.  Seems like they always die off in 3's.  I am a FB follower of PickleDish, Home of Kansas City Star Quilts.  They had a whole passel of sewing related superstitions.  Here are some of them and some of thoughts to go with them: 

Seal nine pins, nine needles and nine nails into a jar to keep the evil quilt fairies away.
......I need to do this today!


Never sew on Sunday. You will have to pick out all those stitches with your nose when you get to heaven.
.....Guess I will be busy in heaven

If you mend a dress while wearing it, someone will lie about you.
.....Good thing I hardly wear dresses any more


For every time a quilter pricks her finger, she will receive a kiss from her beau.
.....I have to tell my husband that he owes me millions of kisses!

Always make a pillow case on New Years Eve to hold all of your troubles.
.....If only it were that simple!

When you are sewing and your thread knots and tangles, someone is talking about you.
.....Some days I must be every ones topic of conversation

Leave a deliberate imperfection in a quilt. It’s a reminder that only God’s creations are perfect.
.....All of my quilts have that reminder

Breaking a blade on a pair of scissors foretells discord and quarrels, breaking both blades at once is a sure sign that calamity is about to enter your life.
.....Never had that happen. Can't imagine what could cause both blades to break at once!


If you make a bedspread, or a quilt, be sure to finish it or marriage will never come to you.
.....If this were true, there wouldn't be any UFOs by single women

If you sew clothing on New Year’s Day, someone in your family will pass away.
.....Sew clothing? Never.  Sew a quilt on New Year's Day - YES!

If you break your needle while sewing a dress, you will live to wear it out.
.....Guess we all need to break some needles!

If a single woman is the first to sleep under a new quilt, she will dream of her future husband.

If you put the last stitch into a quilt, you will be the next to marry.
.....Know anybody that wants to get married?

Thanks for the fun PickleDish!



I thought I would share an easy recipe with you today for BBQ Chicken Pizza.  It's simple enough with a store bought pizza crust and you can always alter ingredients to your favorites.  I like it because it doesn't have a tomato sauce base.  It's not as good as my son-in-laws home made bbq chicken pizza, but it comes in a real close second.  Here you go.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cups shredded Italian Blend cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2.  Place pizza crust on a medium baking sheet.  Spread the crust with barbecue sauce.  Top with chicken, cilantro, pepperoncini peppers, onion, and cheese.

3.  Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Increase oven to 450 degrees and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until cheese just starts to brown.

Personal Notes:

I omit the pepperoncini peppers and cilantro.  I used only 1/2 cup red onion.  I tossed the cubed chicken in a little of the BBQ sauce before placing on the pizza crust.


Ingredients - as you can see I had to use a yellow onion because I forgot to buy a red (much better with the red onion)
You can use your favorite bbq sauce



I had my husband bbq two extra chicken breasts a few nights prior just so I could use it on this.  I haven't tried just plain, cooked chicken


Chopped onion (like you don't know what it's supposed to look like)


Cubed chicken tossed in bbq sauce


BBQ sauce, cubed chicken, and onion on uncooked pizza crust


Look at all that cheese! MMMMMMM!!!!!!


Cooked! Just needs some cuttin'


And here is my dinner!  It was delish!!

That's about it for today - just some thoughts for the mind and some food for the soul.  Don't forget about my big giveaway on Monday.  It may start over the weekend, but for sure on Monday. 

Have a great, wonderful weekend and try to stay cool!

2 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

YUM!!! I need to remind Neil to make this pizza for us again. I don't have any superstitions that I can think of.

Online TABC Certification said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his Alcohol Server Certification last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.

I do not really want to believe in such superstition although where I grew up we've got a whole lot of superstition. So can't help but to believe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...